Healthy Low Fat Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is very delicious and easy to cook. I altered the ingredients to make a lasagna for the more health-conscious. It cooked in just 1hr & 50 mins.
- Onion (chopped) 3⁄4 cup
- Garlic cloves 2 minced
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce 1 jar (46 ounce) or 1 jar (46 ounce) pasta sauce
- Lean ground chicken 1 1/2 kg
- Part-skim ricotta cheese 16 ounces
- Fat free mozzarella cheese 12 ounces shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated 1⁄4 cup
- 2 Eggs
- lasagna noodle,1 packet (cooked)
- In first step, take a large saucepan add onion& garlic, cook ground chicken in a little oil. Add sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ricotta,1 cup mozzarella, all of Parmesan and the eggstirs.
- In 9x13 baking dish, layer 2 cups sauce, half of noodles, half of remaining sauce, all of ricotta mixture, half of what is left of the mozzarella, remaining noodles & sauce.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until hot.
- Uncover, top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan on top, let cool down for 15 minutes, and Enjoy your healthy low fat Lasagna.