Yogi Tea For Stomach And Weight Loss
Yogi tea is best for stomach and weight loss. Cardamom, ginger, long pepper, and cinnamon are used in yogi tea. Cardamom and ginger are considered sattvic, believed to stimulate spiritual purity. These spices also help to reduce mucus, relieve gas, calm the stomach, stimulate agni, and eliminate ama (toxins). Long pepper (pippali) does all this, as well as reduces pain and rejuvenates tissue.
Method For Yogi tea!
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil and then add the following spices: one-half tablespoon long pepper (whole black peppercorns can be substituted), one heaping tablespoon cardamom seeds, six sticks of cinnamon, and four slices of fresh ginger root, peeled.
- Reduce the heat and let the spice mixture simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add one and one-half teaspoons black tea and then let steep for no longer than 10 minutes. (It becomes too bitter after that.)
- Strain and add milk, honey, or maple syrup to taste.
- Indeed, some yogis may prefer drinking just a simple infusion made from only the base spices, depending on their particular dosha, without the black tea, milk, or sugar.
- For example, kaphas, who may be burdened by sluggish digestion, gas, or constipation or suffer from dairy sensitivities, obviously should skip milk and sugar.
- Sensitive vatas and easily agitated pitas should avoid the caffeinated black tea.