Japanese Chicken Yakitori Recipe
- Chicken boneless cubed ½ kg
- Soya sauce ½ cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Spring onions 2 sliced
- Garlic 1 clove minced
- Ground ginger 1 tsp
- Greens of 3 spring onions, sliced
- Take a bowl; add Soya sauce, oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds, sugar, spring onions, garlic and ginger.
- Thread chicken on skewers and if you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for an hour first.
- Then skew chicken cubes on skewers.
- Then put skewers in a flat box and pour entire marinade over and let marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Grill or BBQ marinated skewers for 10 to 15 minutes turning them occasionally.