How To Apply Red Lipstick Step By Step
Red lips are the perfect attention-grabbers as they are sexy, classic, and great for any occasion.
With only Five major steps, this tutorial will teach you how to wear red lips the right way!
Check out this easy-to-follow tutorial and try it out for yourself.
- Step 1
- The first step is to outline your lip’s cupid bow with lip pencil in order to avoid making mistakes when applying the lipstick or lip color. Using a red lip pencil, apply a slant line to your cupid bow and then apply another slant line to make an X.
- Step 2
- After you’ve made your X, locate the lowest point of your lower lip and draw a line that follows the curve of your lip. Once the line has been drawn, dot certain parts of your lips to serve as a guide. Use red lip pencil to draw an outline
- Once those guidelines have been drawn, use your lip pencil to outline the entire lip line. Once your line has been drawn, fill in the entirety of your lips with the liner. After your lips have been filled in, blot them with tissue and reapply the liner to any uncolored spots.
- Step 4
- If you like the way your lips look already, simply apply lip balm on top of the color and you’re good to go.
- Step 5
- If you want to make your lips more red, apply a red lipstick on top of your initial lip pencil layer. After you’ve applied your lipstick, you can either keep it matte or go glossy. For glossy lips, simply apply clear lip gloss on top of your lipstick as the final layer.