Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe
Apples 6-8 Cores and peels
Honey 2 tbs.
Water to cover
- Wash the apples. Peels and cut into small pieces in a large, wide-mouthed jar.
- Cover the scraps with water and stir in the honey.
- Place a paper towel on top of the jar, and secure it with a band.
- Let the mixture soak for 2 weeks, and then strain out the liquid. Discard the solids.
- Return the liquid to the jar and cover it again with a paper towel and band.
- Leave it for 4 more weeks, stirring daily.
- Taste it and see if it has the acidity you would like.
- If it does, transfer it to a covered bottle for storage.
- If not, leave it in the wide-mouthed jar for a little while longer, checking every few days.