How To Make Creamy Irish Coffee
Can evaporated milk, divided 6-ounce
Cornstarch 1/2 tablespoon
Water 1 tablespoons
Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
Sifted powdered sugar 1 tablespoons
Hot strong brewed coffee 3 cups
Sugar 1 tablespoons
- First of all, pour ¼ cup milk into a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl, add water, stirring with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add to simmering milk, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Then cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Combine cornstarch mixture, remaining ½ cup milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Freeze this mixture for 1 hour.
- Beat mixture at high speed of an electric mixer 6 minutes
- Then gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Cover and chill.
- Combine coffee, and sugar, stir well.
- Pour into mugs, spoon topping onto coffee.
- Irish coffee is ready, serve immediately.
- Cover and store remaining topping in refrigerator.