Buttermilk Cake Homemade Recipe
All purpose flour 1 cup
Baking powder ½ teaspoon
Baking soda ½ teaspoon
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Butter ½ stick softened
Sugar ⅔ cup
Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
Egg 1 large
Buttermilk ½ cup well-shaken
Whipped cream 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the butter and ⅔ cup sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and mix until well-combined.
- Reduce the mixer’s speed to low, and add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk: flour, buttermilk, flour, buttermilk, flour.
- Mix just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cake pan, and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cake is golden and a cake tester poked into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool.
- When cake is cool set the whipped cream on it.