Tasty Cabbage Rolls Recipe
Cabbage leaves 12
Cooked white rice 1 cup
Egg 1 beaten
Milk 1/4 cup
Minced onion 1/2 cup
Salt 1 1/4 teaspoons
Pepper 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon
Cans tomato sauce 2 8-mounce
Brown sugar 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice 1 1/2 tablespoon
Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon
Crushed toatoes, with liquid 1 14.5-ounce
Extra-lean meat, half ground beef and half ground pork 1 pound
- First of all, steam the entire head of cabbage in a pot of boiling water.
- Let the cabbage head boil for about 6-8 minutes until softened Cabbage leaves.
- Drain the head of cabbage and peel the necessary amount of leaves when cool.
- Grab a large bowl and combine the rice, egg, milk, onion, garlic powder, ground beef, ground pork, salt, and pepper.
- Scoop about a 1/4 cup of this mixture into the center of each cabbage leaf and roll them up, making sure to tuck in the ends.
- If you'd like to slow cook them, place the rolls in the slow cooker.
- If you'd like to bake them, place them in a lightly greased baking dish.
- If you are using the oven, preheat it to 350 degrees F.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- If using the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- If using the oven, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.