Preparation Time : 45 mints
· All purpose flour 2 cups
· Baking powder 1 tbs
· Salt 1 pinch
· Water ½ cup
· Oil ½ cup
· Icing sugar ¾ cup
· Yogurt 4 tbs
· Baking powder ½ tbs
· Vanilla 1 tbs
· cream frosting and filling:
· 200 ml whipping cream
· ¼ tsp vanilla extract
· 4-5 tbsp icing sugar
· 2 to 3 pineapple slices
· 3 to 4 pineapple slices for decoration
· a few glazed cherries for decoration or chocolate chips (optional)
· 2 to 3 tsp pineapple juice for brushing on the cake (optional)
- first sift the all purposed flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl or pan.
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- grease a 6 or pan with butter or oil. you can also line the pan with butter paper and then grease the butter paper with oil or butter.
- you need to get about ½ cup oil.
- . add the sugar to the oil.
- stir and mix well. keep aside.
- now in a measuring cup or in a small bowl, whisk the 3 tbsp yogurt + 1 tbsp water till smooth.
- add 1 tbsp vinegar. then add the baking soda and stir.
- pour the butter+sugar mixture, ½ cup water and the frothing yogurt +baking soda into the sieved flour.
- add vanilla extract or pineapple essence.
- be quick enough to fold and make a lump free batter. don’t over do the folding.
- pour the batter in the greased .
- shake and tap the sides of the pan so that air are released.
- place the pan in the preheated oven in the center rack.
- keep the heating in both the bottom and top elements of the oven on.
- bake at 180 degrees C for 30-35 minutes or more till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- if the vanilla cake too quickly on the top, then cover the top with an or butter paper.
- once done let the vanilla at room temperature for 7-8 minutes.
- then with the help of oven mitts, gently remove the vanilla cake on a wired tray or rack.
- once the vanilla cake cools, you can serve the eggless vanilla cake as it is or use the vanilla cake to make pastries or gateau.
- let the cake cool completely before you prepare the icing.
- for the pineapple cream frosting & assembling.
- finely chop 2 to 3 pineapple slices and keep aside.
- slice the cake with a serrated knife from the center carefully into two equal halves.
- brush the base slice of the cake with some pineapple juice.
- in a stand mixer fitted with the wired whip blade, whip the cream and icing sugar along with vanilla extract or pineapple essence, at high speed till you get stiff peaks in the cream.
- taste the cream and add more icing sugar if required.
- you can also use a hand held electric beater to whip the cream.
- the cream should have stiff peaks – meaning on turning the bowl the cream should not fall down.
- mix the finely chopped pineapple with ¼ or ⅓ of the cream
- spread the pineapple cream frosting on the base slice evenly..
- keep the other cake half over.
- now spread the remaining whipped cream all over the cake on the top as well as the sides, with a palette knife or spatula evenly.
- decorate the cake with a few more pineapple slices.
- keep the cake in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours so that the cream icing sets.
- remove the cake and decorate the cake with the fresh strawberry slices.
- serve the eggless pineapple cream cake immediately.
- or you can keep it covered in the fridge and then serve later.